Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hi - Remember me?!

Those who follow us on Facebook know that I am a tiny bit better about keeping our page over there updated than I am with updating the blog. Though realistically I’ve been quite lax with both! Those of you who are blog-only followers… Sorry! Unfortunately last year didn’t actually involve a large amount of sailing for us but we are trying to make up for it now! So let me give you a bit of an update…. starting about oh… a year ago!

So, last year we spent the summer on the boat docked at the marina on Magnetic Island. We had an air conditioner that we borrowed from friends which took a small amount of the heat out but overall it was just H-O-T! We were made some wonderful, lifelong friends on the island and their friendship was integral to us being able to be “locals” while we were there.  In March, my mum and Grandma came to visit for a week and we had a lovely time exploring the Island with them. We then flew down to Adelaide with my Mum where the rest of my family met us! We were down there for a couple of weeks for an amazing family wedding that included a few nights stay on a houseboat (quite the upgrade for us!). Bryce and I then scored a relocation deal on a camper van and drove from Adelaide to Brisbane with a couple of night visiting friends in Coolamon, NSW and a few other stops a long the way. We got to experience a lot of beautiful (and similar) Australian countryside and saw lots of Kangaroos. We stayed in Brisbane visiting family for a couple weeks and then headed back to the boat on Maggie!

Once back at the boat in April, we undertook a complete rewire of our boat with the assistance of our friend and electrician, Damon (of Cruising with Cid). Towards the end of May, I took off again to the US (supposedly) for three weeks. Bryce stuck around working on the boat. Shortly thereafter Bryce was offered and accepted a job in Papua New Guinea, so I decided to extend my trip to three months and had an AMAZING (North American) summer in the midwest. Fast forward three months to September, Bryce and I met back at Batty for two weeks, hauled her out, got a new hydraulic steering pump and then we headed back to PNG together. PNG was, as always, interesting! Beginning of December, we came back to Australia and we’ve been living aboard and sailing ever since!

Phew! And that my friends, is how we spent the last year in about 300 words! Stay tuned as we will be updating more frequently now that we are back on the boat and going places! 

No comments:

Post a Comment